Wednesday, July 13, 2011

EARL LESTER BOOTS HATS TICKETS AND LEMONADE

Lester and Earl were sitting in my living room one day, with the Beverly Hillbillies on our TV. My dad said that's Earl and Lester. I had to run right outside and tell my neighbors that were in my summer productions. I decided to incorporated a few of their songs into my neighborhood shows I would produce. I would sneak my daddy's PA system he used on the road to blast Orange Blossom Special and the Star Spangled banner at the beginning of his barnstorm basketball games with the Texas Cowgirls. It had a diamond needle and weighed more than I did.I set the stage with sheets hanging in the middle of the garage as a backdrop, folding chairs and picnic benches lined the driveway for the spectators. A make shift lemonade stand /ticket booth was set up at he end of the driveway. The performances were lip sinc and dance to the Archie's, Tommy Roe, Mamma''s and Papa's, Earl Scruggs and Lester Flatts, Pee Wee King, The Carpenters, Nancy Sinatra, The Turtles, Elvis and the standing ovation Mexican Hat Dance by my little brothers. I still say that the rendition of These Boots Are Made for Walkin' that Kim Tabbert, Mary White, Carla and Anita Geng my sisters Julie and Beth and me was the top. We stomped those boots and shook our fingers with vigor!


The Ballad Of Jed Clampett - Lester Flatt ,Earl Scruggs (1962)

No comments:

Post a Comment