Friday, January 27, 2012

How'd you like to go to school in this in 1961

TWO TEXAS COWGIRLS LOADING THE LUGGAGE  FOR THE MILES TO THE NEXT GAME IN FRONT OF HOTEL THAT WAS HOME THE NIGHT BEFORE...... ON THE ROAD  
The limo was a pay off to  my dad for a debt  from a  jazz band it came full of trombones and saxaphones. We played with them in the sandbox-- years later when us kids found out they were from Jimmy Dorsey's Orchestra's  we thought oops!  Our dad's  Texas Cowgirls professional basketball team toured the country  in the limo. needing 5 transmissions in a year from the wear and tear of road miles in a season.  The car was shifted into gear by pushing a button on the console . My sister and I remember being driven to kindergarden and first grade in the limo we were devastated everyone stared i would cry and ask my mom to drop us off down the block, There was an intercom button we'd call from the backseat with.  KIDS! I wish I had the car now and the horns!

No comments:

Post a Comment